Wednesday, July 9, 2014

video game

I love to watch the MTV shows 16 and pregnant and the teen mom series. I think it makes me feel better about my life to see these young girls having an even harder time than I have with this mom thing. I feel for them, I really do!
I heard a great analogy from one of the teen dads. His new girlfriend does not have kids of her own. She wants to get married and have kids. He is hesitant. She is mad.
The child he has from his teenage relationship is now four years old. He has finally reached a point that life is not so hard.
He explains it to his girlfriend like this. "It's like you have a video game that you play all day every day for four years of your life and after four years you finally beat the hardest level, but then someone comes along and says you have to start that game all over again from the very beginning."

This is so perfect. I couldn't agree more. My life has been very hard and many people ask me why I had my kids close together in age (two years).
Before I ever had kids, I said I wanted two kids about three to four years apart. I had heard this was perfect so I was going to do it the "perfect" way.
But along came the shock of my first child and I decided that if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it now and get it over with. We were already in baby prison, and I knew that once we got out at 3-4 years, I would not want to go back and start over again.
So we crammed them together.
Now, I of course did not know I was going to get twins the second time around.
It's been hard. Very hard. But in the long run, I'm glad I'm not going to have to start over at level one of this video game. Once I beat it, I will be DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment